Whether you are buying your first home (congratulations by the way) or just changing things up, here are 10 tips to consider when you are buying a house at any stage in life.
1. Real estate contracts are NOT standardised- each home is unique, just like each contract.
2. During a “bidding-war” it is not always the highest dollar price that the current homeowner chooses.
3. Get a home inspection, Always!
4. Real estate commissions and fees vary, so shop around.
5. RECO has rules and regulations in place to protect you.
6. Know what you can really afford, be honest with yourself.
7. There are a lot of extra fees, make sure you know the true and final costs for what your doing.
8. You need more than just a realtor, most sales include a mortgage broker and a lawyer.
9. Do not forget what is INSIDE the walls– and what is OUTSIDE the walls.
10. It is going to be emotional, take your time and do things when they are comfortable for you.
Whenever you are buying or selling a home, take the time to consider these 10 tips and be sure to do all your research and know what is best for you and your family. Also, if you are selling your home, consider how giving from your proceeds can benefit the Lord’s work, find out more about that in another of our blog posts.