Here are 10 simple savings tips that can put more money in your pocket at the end of every month.
- Build an emergency fund
- Establish your budget
- Use cash in envelopes (envelope system)
- Use automated saving options
- Aim to achieve many short term goals
- Start saving for your retirement as early as possible.
- Jump start your savings by moving a lump sum of money such as a tax return or work bonus
- Put all your lose change in a jar for a special occasion, it adds up quickly
- Take full advantage of employer matches to your retirement plan. Often as an incentive, employers will match a certain amount of what you save in a retirement plan
- Avoid paying late fees by choosing direct withdrawals for monthly bills
If you use even a couple of these tips you can make sure you have more money each month to spend on what you want, or to add to your savings/investing to grow over time.