According to the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada here are some ways you can save when shopping for groceries.
- Plan meals and snacks in advance
- Bring a list and buy only what you need
- Buy fresh when in season, freeze extras for later
- Buy canned and frozen vegetables and fruit
- Know which stores near you are the best value
- Check for discounts and coupons (a mobile app can help)
- Buy non-food items at a discount store
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach
Many of those I can directly relate to. It’s easy to waste money by buying the wrong food or by wasting food. How have you saved money by shopping wisely?