Ministry spotlight is a new series for our blog that will share with you information about different ministries. It will be a “get to know you” style blog post, just giving info about the ministry, what they do, how they run, and how you can help. After cycling through our list we will also look to do ministry updates as well as share info about big projects/changes at these ministries. If you work for or know of a ministry you would like to see shared in our Ministry Spotlight blog please contact us with the Name, location and website for the ministry. If you are interested in supporting any of these ministries with a DAF please contact us.
Christian Missions In Many Lands, Inc. (CMML) was established in 1921 as a nonprofit, faith-based service organization to serve missionaries from the United States serving in cross-cultural missions overseas. CMML serves missionaries whom have been commended by local churches designated by the U.S. government as Plymouth Brethren. In 1972 CMML merged with three other missionary service organizations: Voices from The Vineyard, The Fields and the Julia Hasse Memorial Missionary Home, to form a single missionary service organization for U.S. commended missionaries.
The missionaries that CMML serves are those who are called by the Lord, commended by their local churches and look to the Lord alone for direction and to supply their financial needs without contractual links with any other agency. As a missionary service organization, CMML bridges the gap between those on the foreign field and their assemblies at home. CMML serves by facilitating prayer for missionaries, forwarding unsolicited, free-will gifts to the missionaries, and disseminating information concerning missionary activities. As a service organization, CMML does not send or superintend missionaries but simply serves them.
Services provided by CMML to the Missionary:
- Encourage Prayer – CMML publishes an annual Missionary Prayer Handbook. This handbook contains photos and limited personal data on missionaries commended from the assemblies in the United States and Canada to encourage regular and systematic prayer. Each year, missionaries are required to submit an annual questionnaire to CMML to update the information. Prayer requests are updated each day on the CMML Facebook page.
- Donations – Assistance is offered in forwarding funds from assemblies, other churches, and individuals to missionaries located in other countries. Donations may be made via check or electronically via the CMML Web site. All donations are made with the understanding that CMML has complete control and administration over the use of the donated funds. Contributions are tax deductible.
- Special Funds:
– Disaster Relief Fund (for disasters outside the U.S.)
– Missionary Kids Education Assistance Fund
– Widowed and Refocused Missionary Fund
– Others funds as needed
- Letters of Guarantee, Emergency Repatriation and other legal matters
- Accommodations at the CMML facilities in Wall Township, New Jersey
- Clothing Center
- Coordinating Service Opportunities
- Services NOT provided by CMML:
– Health Care
– Advice on taxes
– Retirement Programs
If you would like more info about CMML and how you can support the work they are doing please check there website.