Charitable Gift Annuities
You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. A Charitable Gift Annuity is a gift made to our organization that can provide you with a secure source of fixed payments for life.
How it works
- You transfer cash or securities to Legacy Ministries Canada (Minimum $10,000).
- In exchange, we set up an annuity through our partner LinkCharity. The annuity pays you a monthly income for the rest of your life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and all or a large portion of each payment is tax-free.
- You receive a charitable tax receipt immediately of between 20-25% of your initial gift.
- At the end of your life, the Remainder of the Gift Annuity Capital goes directly into the Lord’s work.
Types of Charitable Gift Annuities
- Single Life Gift Annuities pays income for the duration of the life a specific person.
- Joint Gift Annuities are for two named persons and continue payments at the same level, to the surviving person for life, after the death of the other.
- Deferred Gift Annuities can be either single or joint. You can set up an annuity now with all of its benefits but elect to receive income at a later date, sometimes years down the road.
Note: Annuities are not suitable for people under 60 unless it is a deferred annuity.