With the widespread effects of COVID-19 the Federal government has put in place an extension of the 2019/2020 Tax season, here are 8 tax questions Canadians are asking.
Doing your taxes is always a busy time of year. The CRA receives a shocking increase in questions from people who are confused about their tax returns.
To help with this influx, they have put together a Q&A page for each years tax season.
Here are the top 8 questions being asked of the CRA during tax time.
- Do I need to do my taxes?
- What do I need to do my taxes?
- Where can I get help with my income tax and benefit return?
- How do I notify CRA of a change in my address?
- How do I notify CRA of a change in my marital status?
- How do I know how much I owe or where my refund is?
- How can I get a copy of my notice of assessment or reassessment?
- Where is my benefit or credit payment?
- *BONUS* When is the new deadline for personal income tax filing? JUNE 1, 2020
If you find yourself asking any of these questions during the year, or especially at tax season, take a few minutes and check out the great page the CRA has to answer these questions and more. If you are having a hard time filing your personal taxes or maybe your church tax return send us a message and we will do our best to help.