Doing your taxes is always a busy time of year. CRA receives an immense increase in contact from people who have questions about their tax returns.
To help with this influx, they have put together a Q&A page for the current years tax season.
Here are the top 8 questions the CRA receives during tax time.
- Do I need to do my taxes?
- What do I need to do my taxes?
- Where can I get help with my income tax and benefit return?
- How do I notify CRA of a change in my address?
- How do I notify CRA of a change in my marital status?
- How do I know how much I owe or where my refund is?
- How can I get a copy of my notice of assessment or reassessment?
- Where is my benefit or credit payment?
If you find yourself asking any of these questions during the year, or especially at tax season, take a few minutes and check out the great page the CRA has to answer these questions and more.